About The Event
With technology being embraced in all aspects of our lives, its influence is expanding. Quality assurance has an integral role in the journey of digital transformation. Implementing quality checkpoints along the path assures the desired educational outcomes, as well as end-user satisfaction. Quality Assurance plays the best supporting role in any digital initiative to safeguard performance, and mitigate challenges posed by new technologies.
Triumph Luxury Hotel, Katameya Heights Rd
Sunday to Monday
About The Conference
Established in 2007, NAQAAE has been considered a cornerstone in educational reform. Being entrusted by its mandate with disseminating the culture and good practices of quality, setting quality standards and evaluating educational programs and institutions; NAQAAE has adopted a vision that situates it as an agent for change and a strategic partner in educational reform.
Faced by the challenges of educational reform and the quest for enhancing quality; NAQAAE was keen over the last few years on establishing international recognition, strengthening its partnership with relevant stakeholders, and coping with international advances in quality assurance frameworks. Hence NAQAAE has sought and received recognition status by the WFME in 2019. In addition, NAQAAE participated in the “HAQAA” initiative, the Continental Quality assurance framework and the African Continental Qualifications Framework. NAQAAE, is looking forward to playing a dynamic role in quality assurance and recognition both on the regional and international level.
Furthermore, NAQAAE has started shifting towards digitalizing all its processes and procedures, as an attempt to cope with recent advances in technology which have revolutionized our world. With technology being embraced in all aspects of our lives, its influence is expanding. Quality assurance has an integral role in the journey of digital transformation. Implementing quality checkpoints along the path assures the desired educational outcomes, as well as end-user satisfaction. Quality Assurance plays the best supporting role in any digital initiative to safeguard performance, security and mitigate challenges posed by new technology.
Hence the theme of NAQAAE 7th International Conference titled “Quality Assurance of Education: Digitalization and the Internationalization of Education”. It is NAQAAE’s belief that through digitalization, we can overcome many obstacles that hinder mobility and connectivity on the regional, continental and international levels. This conference will explore and exchange the different views and experiences of Digitalization in Quality Assurance of Education, which will allow for building national and international confidence in educational outcomes.
NAQAAE’s Seventh International conference is posing the following and other questions for wide stakeholder’s discussion
• What is the impact of digitalization on quality assurance of education?
• How can we further promote the paradigm shift to competency-based education?
• What challenges does Internationalization of Education pose to quality assurance?
• How can we build more tools for trust and recognition in qualifications?
• How effective is international networking in building trust in qualifications?
• Education and innovation, what promises does TVET hold?
1. Demonstrating the role of automation and digitization in enhancing Quality Assurance.
2. Sharing experiences and disseminating good practices in digital quality assurance of education
3. Increasing NAQAAE visibility at National and International levels
4. Strengthening partnerships at a Regional and an International Level to overcome space and time limitations
5. Launching new standards
• The impact of digitalization on Quality Assurance of Education
• Digitalization and the future of Africa
• Digitalization: A Gateway to achieve sustainable development goals
• Competency-based Learning: From Theory to Practice.
• National, Regional and Continental Qualifications Frameworks.
• Digitalization and Internationalization of education
• Opportunities and challenges of digitalization in Quality Assurance in Africa.
- Abstracts due date : 30/1/2020
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance : 15/2/2020
- PowerPoint/ Poster presentations : 15/3/2020
Date & Venue
-22nd – 23rd March 2020
Truimph Hotel, Cairo
- Abstracts should not exceed 350 words.
- your abstracts and review status on: Conf2020.naqaae.eg
- Contributors will be invited to submit the full length papers not later than May 1st 2020 for review by the scientific committee for publication in the Post Conference Proceedings.
Parallel Preconference workshops will be held at the same venue.
Workshop I: Competency Based Learning: Application and Tips
This workshop is dedicated to hands-on experience to the application of CBL principles in view of the recent Competency-Based NARS and changing regulations. The workshop will review principles and guidelines on CBL and assessment. In addition, the workshop will explore the methods of program design, teaching methods and assessment techniques for specialized groups (Engineering - Medicine – Pharmacy). *
Workshop II: University Accreditation
This workshop is dedicated to further explore University Accreditation Standards, how to assess and prepare your institution and what to expect during the visit.
Workshop III: Digital Accreditation System in Pre-University Education
This workshop will introduce the concept and rationale behind the developed accreditation system for Pre-University Educational Institutions and how to use the newly developed system.
Workshop IV: Review of Higher Education Institutions:Hands on International Experience
Conference Registration Fees
|Conference Registration||2000 L.E.||$200|
|Registration with Accepted paper||3000 L.E.||$400|
|Registration with Poster presentation||2500 L.E.||$300|
Dr Yohansin Eid
Dr Ragia Taha
Azhar Vice President
Dr Sanaa Hassan
Higher Education Vice Presdent
Dr Asmaa Mustafa
Pre University Education Vice President